Want to write a book & get published in 2009?

lbf08_header_right

So you’ve always wanted to write a book.

Perhaps you don’t think you have the time or the talent.

Perhaps you think it’s well nigh impossible to get published.

Well in just two days in a luxurious and stunning environment in the Surrey Hills, this is what you will come away with:

  • An intimate knowledge of the publishing industry
  • The four routes to successful publishing
  • The start and ending of your book
  • A detailed mind map of its structure
  • Knowing how to write from a reader-centric perspective
  • Learning how to write while in a meditative state
  • Finding out how to synchronise your left and right brain
  • Finding out how to silence your inner critic
  • A strong connection to the superconsciousness
  • Any writer’s blocks blown away
  • Knowing how to entrance your reader & write a page turner
  • Several new life long friends and connections
  • A writing buddy

Check out the dates for the next Unleash the Book Inside workshop here

Clearing Writer’s Block with Mind Maps

They say we only use 5% of our brains. If so what’s the other 95% doing and how do you tap into it?

Well the answer to this lies in learning the art of Whole Brain Thinking and a really simple way to do this is to use mind maps – this brief video explains how to start …

Come along to my workshop or take my home study course to find out how to go from idea to 1st draft of your book and why one attendee said:

Duncan Bolam thumbnail“Taking on the dream of writing a book can be intangible so many would-be authors float around frustratedly, lacking structure feeling anchorless. I left Tom’s course energised with a spring in my step. More importantly I had 13 well-engineered mind maps instilling a sense of shape to my plan and a bearing upon which to set my compass. Tom is a skilled facilitator who gave a great deal of himself. It is rare that I walk away from a workshop so energised – truly rare. You are a prime example of what I would call someone who is in the zone, centred and filled with innate conviction.” – Duncan Bolam, Career Dovetail, Surrey

Creative Writing with iMindMap v4.0

iMindmap version 4 is now available and has some enhanced features that are really useful in the creative writing process.

Audio notes

I come across many writers who would rather “speak” their book rather than write it. Now you simply record your thoughts and even the text for your book for later transcription.

Box Branches

Sometimes the single word mode which is recommended for mind map brainstorming can be restrictive. The new box branch mode allows long text strings like chapter titles to be entered and to really stand out.

Presentation mode

As your maps and child maps grow in complexity, it can be difficult for someone new to the material to grasp your thinking. This new feature simplifies the sharing of even the most complex ideas about your book to an editor, literary agent or to readers at a book presentation or signing.

Text Mode

The revamped Text Mode allows interactive editing of your Mind Maps really quickly.  You can now edit any text, graphics and even links whilst in Text Outline Mode.  Combined with an enhanced Word import, this is one of the fastest ways to create a map from existing material.

Upgrade v3.0 or get a trial copy of version 4.0 today

Watch this video to see all the new features

Embedding Mind Maps in your Neurology

This visualisation started life as one of the components of the Unleash the Book Inside workshop and home study course.

In the workshops, I found that the students started to get huge flashes of inspiration when I combined mind mapping with simple simple contemplative and meditative techniques. This version of the visualisation is more generic such that you can use it on any mind map whether hand drawn or computer generated. Note though, if you do use software mind mapping, it’s a good idea to use a print out first. This visualisation takes a mind map and embeds it into your cellular neurology such that two things start to happen.

Firstly, you commit it to memory much better.

Secondly that you become better at noticing coincidences and serendipities associated with elements on the map. For example, if your map contains your goals and ambitions for the year, you start to become luckier. If you are writing a book, you come across information and ideas that help you in ways that seem uncanny.

You can play the visualisation here

An MP3 version comes with the Unleash the Book Inside Home Study course ..

embeddingmindmaps_picture_421